Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRKN) seeks a qualified candidate to join the Development Team. The Development Officer assists the Vice President of Development and Philanthropy in implementing Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s Fundraising Plan and devising fundraising strategies. The ideal candidate will have at demonstrated nonprofit fundraising experience with individual giving, membership growth and donor retention, fundraising events including in person and online, and a successful track record in grant acquisitions.
Potomac Riverkeeper Network welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
The starting salary range for this position is $65,000 to $75,000 commensurate with experience While our headquarters office is in Washington, DC, and we have many in-person events, we do offer remote workplace flexibility.
● Assist with identification, cultivation, and stewardship of donors, with a focus on individuals. The position will implement outreach strategies in the community to build brand recognition and ultimately, a pipeline of new donors.
● Assure integrity of donor database records, and use of analysis tools to understand donor giving.
● Lead efforts to identify and promote peer-to-peer fundraising opportunities for events and campaigns.
● Events Coordination – assist with logistics and planning for fundraising events (both online and in- person), including an annual Benefit Gala, tabling at outreach events and following up with prospective members, and several “Friend-raisers” held throughout the year.
● Manage grants portfolio, including grant research and writing, and grant calendar management.
Did you know that research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications? Please know that no one ever meets 100% of the listed job qualifications. You may have skills that aren’t among the listed qualifications. This might be the right next role for you if you have:
● 4+ years of on-the-job nonprofit fundraising experience
● Experience using Salesforce or similar donor management software
● Specific experience with individual giving campaigns
● Strong written and verbal communications skills
● Willingness and ability to take initiative, accept assignments and independently figure out steps necessary for completion
● High degree of organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Additional skills a plus:
● An interest/experience with environmental work
● Hands on experience with online marketing tools and practices
● Knowledge of strategies to promote causes
Salary: $65,000 to $75,000, and excellent benefits package including health, retirement, disability/life insurance
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected], with the subject line “LAST NAME – Development Officer Position”
Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRKN) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the public’s right to clean water in our rivers and streams. We stop pollution to promote safe drinking water, protect healthy river habitats, and enhance public use and enjoyment. Our headquarters is located in Washington, DC, with field offices in Virginia and Maryland. For more information, visit our website at www.prknetwork.org.