NY/NJ Baykeeper is currently looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including receipts and payments. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a must.
- Verify and enter transactions into QuickBooks
- Enter data, maintain and balance records and financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and evaluate them with staff and board
- Assist in annual audit performed by external auditors, including the preparation of adequate work papers that support the financial statements
- Administrate accounts receivable and payable functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Non profit experience a must
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Intermediate QuickBooks Skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong initiative to follow-up on pending open items
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures (filing, correspondence, and scheduling)
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated,, and proactive
Location: Hazlet, NJ
Job Type: Part-time
How to apply
Please send resumes to [email protected] with “Bookkeeper” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer.